Articles on this Page
- 08/18/15--13:26: _No Boot Device?
- 08/18/15--22:52: _Dell XPS 13 8.1 OEM...
- 08/19/15--06:56: _Server 2008 Standar...
- 08/19/15--11:41: _Need Win 7 iso afte...
- 08/19/15--17:13: _Old hard drive cras...
- 08/20/15--01:25: _1545 Laptop Win7 Re...
- 08/20/15--02:37: _DPP Decryprion prob...
- 08/20/15--09:55: _widnows 7 downgrade...
- 08/21/15--02:01: _Windows 7 updates
- 08/21/15--02:15: _Windows 8.1 screen ...
- 08/21/15--06:33: _Restoring Windows 7...
- 08/22/15--02:08: _Broadcom Virtual Wi...
- 08/22/15--08:42: _How can I reinstall...
- 08/22/15--23:14: _how to delete windo...
- 08/23/15--00:29: _HDMI is not working...
- 08/23/15--06:28: _Clean install of Wi...
- 08/23/15--14:09: _Dell update vs Dell...
- 08/23/15--17:55: _Factory Restore my ...
- 08/24/15--04:01: _Problem starting my...
- 08/24/15--04:46: _Windows 7 key neede...
- 08/18/15--13:26: No Boot Device?
- 08/18/15--22:52: Dell XPS 13 8.1 OEM OS vs 8.1 OS? Win10 activation failed.
- 08/19/15--06:56: Server 2008 Standard upgrade from x86 to x64
- 08/19/15--11:41: Need Win 7 iso after SSD BOOTMGR failure
- 08/20/15--01:25: 1545 Laptop Win7 Restore - Clipboard not working ?
- 08/20/15--02:37: DPP Decryprion problems
- 08/20/15--09:55: widnows 7 downgrade from 8.1 recovery disk
- 08/21/15--02:01: Windows 7 updates
- 08/21/15--02:15: Windows 8.1 screen resolution following re installation.
- 08/21/15--06:33: Restoring Windows 7 back to factory setting
- 08/22/15--02:08: Broadcom Virtual Wireless adapter | window 10 compatibility
- 08/22/15--08:42: How can I reinstall Office 2007 after Win 7 restore?
- 08/22/15--23:14: how to delete window 8 upgrade KB 3000850?
- 08/23/15--00:29: HDMI is not working after changing from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7
- 08/23/15--06:28: Clean install of Windows 8.1 on Vostro 1400
- 08/23/15--14:09: Dell update vs Dell Command Update
- 08/23/15--17:55: Factory Restore my System
- 08/24/15--04:01: Problem starting my laptop (windows XP)
- 08/24/15--04:46: Windows 7 key needed as label unreadable
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 - 3521 that I received from a friend. When I turn on my laptop it goes into a constant loop of no boot device. It tries to load a recovery but then it says that there is none. Can someone help me?
I installed Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 13 about two weeks ago and it has yet to get activated. I contacted Microsoft and was told I would need to reinstall Windows 8.1 and do the upgrade through the Windows update option. Their "recommendation" was to contact Dell for a backup of Windows 8.1 OEM, I had suggested if I could just download the ISO but they said I couldn't..
I tried anyways but the product key doesn't seem to work during the install.
I can't go back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 through their rollback feature because I did a clean install and deleted the partitions.
These are the steps I took to install Windows 10, which I did so on my desktop without any problems..
Used the Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10, which it did so successfully and it activated. I then made a bootable usb and attempted to do a clean install but I accidentally did the Windows 10 "clean install" which still left Windows 8.1 files and partitions, so I did a clean install the right way and deleted all the partitions on the drive.. now I am here, 2 weeks later and Windows 10 has yet to become activated.
What are my options here? Do I need to request a usb from Dell?
I am looking into upgrading a server with Server 2008 Standard x86 to the same OS but the x64 version. My question is this......Will the product key provided during purchase of the x86 server work with the same OS but using the x64 version?
Can I upgrade the x86 to x64 using the same product key?
I have an old XPS 9000 in which I added an SSD as the boot disk.
I used Paragon Migrate OS to SSD last December to copy the hd to ssd.
2 weeks ago i received a boot failure with the message "BOOTMGR is missing'. Evidently the only way to fix this is to re-install/repair the Win 7 install with an install disk. Of course I don't have one as Dell doesn't hand them out.
Trying to d/l the ISO from MS gives me an error as its an OEM version.
I'm able to boot off the old hard drive but it tells me it's not an official Windows version. Since all the programs were on the SSD i don't have access to many of them, including my backup program.
My hard drive just crashed and I have a replacement one. I tried to download the ISO file on microsofts website using the key I have but I get the error that the OS has been pre installed and I'm directed to contact Dell. I've been through every customer support line and it all leads to me being transferred to different departments. I just want to either use this key or get a replacement windows CD or something along those lines.
I've restored Win7 HP x64 (Inspiron 1545 Laptop) via Dell Backup but the clipboard in Windows Notepad is no longer working.
Can anyone suggest a remedy ? TIA
Hi all, on my dell Optiplex I installed DPP Dell Data Protecion Software.
I had to uninstall it for some reasons.
Now I cannot access to my encrypted files anymore.
I have Lsarecovery.exe and XML file.
How can I use them to decrypt my files?
Thanks in advance.
I recently purchased a Inspiron 15 5558 preloaded with windows 7 through downgrade rights from 8.1. The laptop was shipped with a windows 8.1 recovery disk. I routinely (8-12 months) reinstall the OS on my computers to bring them back to open box state.
Since I got a windows 8.1 reinstall disk, do I need to contact Dell for a Windows 7 recovery disk?
Want to avoid having to purchase Windows 7 OEM disk for additional $$.
I have a Inspiron 1764 which I had no problems with for many years. When I got it I did the back up and kept my discs safe. I have needed to format my HDD and use my discs to recover for the very first time. I have now found I am unable to receive updates : "Windows update cannot currently check for update, because the service is not running" when going to component services the status of all services there are 'Started' with no items at all listed as running. Please help! thanks
I have an Inspiron 1764 which suffered hard disc failure a few years ago. I replaced the hard disc and reloaded windows 8 from a disc I bought from microsoft after the windows 7 to 8 free up grade. They gave you the key for free and you could down load or buy a disc. I reinstalled 8 then did the 8.1 up grade which im sure came via the normal update and all was fine for many years. I have had to format my hard disc again so have gone through the same process. This time i have needed to up grade the 8 to 8.1 via the app store but when i have done this i can not set the screen resolution to the correct setting. The value i need isn't there and i can not therefore gain a higher resolution so i am left with large icons and low resolution. Please help.. thanks
Hi, I want to return my desktop back to its original setting as it is going slow etc. I have a pair of 'DataSafe' Recovery disc that I made when I purchased machine, however when following instructions it fails. Can anyone help in this matter? Thanks in advance.
I am getting below message when I checked for the window 10 compatibility. Please let us know if Dell is releasing any update in this regard.
I just reinstalled Windows 7. How can I find out whether Office files are located on this device (I didn't buy it new) and if they are, how to reinstall Office?
I just bought an alienware 15 r2 and i would like to delete the KB3000850 window upgrade but it doesnt let me uninstall it?
Anyone know how to do it? thanks
Hey we have a Inspiron 15 3000 series Dell - We were able to connect HDMI when running 8.1 but we didnt like this OS so went back to Windows 7 - how can we run HDMI again - is it possible with Windows 7???
Any help would be great
I have a Vostro 1400 with XP currently and wish to install Windows 8.1 preferably 64 bit over my C: partition 30GB.
I dont have an optical drive so I can only install via USB boot.
The Vostro also has a Media Direct partition. Is it possible to install 8.1 without messing with Media Direct?
When I reinstalled XP previously, I had boot sequence problems and had to use BartPE to edit boot.ini so I want to know if it's the same with 8.1?
According to this guide,
If after the start you get an error message saying “Partition Table not Found” this is because your boot sequence is incorrect.
You need to amend the settings in the BIOS setup so the system boots to UEFI on.
But the Vostro 1400 is pre-2012 and might not have a UEFI compliant BIOS, so I should disable SecureBoot and enable legacy boot options. So would this work without UEFI on? The latest BIOS update from dell is 2008.
my XPS13 (9343) installed the follow tools in win8:
Dell update 1.7.1007.0 vs Dell Command Update v2.1
Are they the same function and should only keep one of them??
1. If my factory settings OS is vista and I have a factory system recovery cd burned from AlienRespawn, would it work if I will try to restore it if my OS is Win7?
2. I tried recovering my factory settings both OS (WinVista % Win7) but the 6th option that shows "Dell Back up and recovery/AlienRespawn restore" when I access "Repair my Computer".
3. The system reserve is already gone due to complete replacement of hardisks, how do I install the alienrespawn again to show it up in "Recovery Options".
After a normal days work I shut down my laptop, turning it on the following morning it starts and after the intial Dell window goes to a blank screen with a flashing underscore in the top left of the screen.
I purchased a new HD thinking this was the problem, have after many trials restored a drive image to the new drive but it does exactly the same so i guess the hardware is fine.
I ran a windows repair from the Reinstallation disk and that although it appeared to write files did not fix the fault.
Installing a fresh install of XP on the drive works and it boots into windows with no problems.
I have to get the old windows working as I need a lot of old software to run still thats on it for work so in theory I should be able to make the old drive boot up if I had a way of identifying whats missing.
The wrong OS was loaded onto Dell laptop and require Windows 7 Professional key as License key sticker on bottom of laptop is unreadable. As the wrong OS has been loaded by mistake it cannot be recovered from Registry. Please help.